2018 Final Results
Premier Final 12th July DEACY PARK : West United 4 - 1 Corrib Rangers
Division 1 Final 17th July DEACY PARK : St Bernards * 0 - 0 Tuam (* St. Bernards win 5-4 on penalties AET)
Division 'C' Final 13th July Clarinbridge : Corrib Celtic 2 - 1 Colga
Galway Masters football is now in its fifth year and is run by Ger Ryan and Tommy Murphy.
This year (2018) we have 15 teams, split into 2 divisions. Over the summer we will have over 300 players playing every week, it gives them a reason to keep a bit of fitness and lets them play and socialise with their friends and enjoy the beautiful game.
There will be 75 fixtures in total over a 12 week season.
First fixtures are Wednesday 25/Apr for "Over 35s Premier" and Wednesday 2/May for "Over 35s Division 1", at a default time of 7pm.
League fixtures will all be completed by Friday 29th of June.
"Over 35s Premier" Semis & Finals
- 2 Semi-finals are Wednesday 4th of July KO 7.30pm -
- Match SF1 - Team who finishes top plays at home vs Team who finished fourth.
- Match SF2 - Team who finishes second plays at home vs Team who finished third.
- Final confirmed in DEACY PARK on Thursday 12th July KO 7.15pm.
- Winner of SF1 is the designated home team.
"Over 35s Division 1" Semis & Finals
- 'A' Semi-finals Wednesday 4th of July KO 7.30pm -
- Match SF3 - Team who finishes top plays at home vs Team who finished fourth.
- Match SF4 - Team who finishes second plays at home vs Team who finished third.
- 'A' Final for "Over 35s Division 1" will be in DEACY PARK on Friday 13th July.
- Winner of SF3 is the designated home team.
- 'B' Semi-finals Wednesday 4th of July KO 7.30pm -
- Match SF5 - Team who finishes fifth (5) plays at home vs Team who finished eight (8).
- Match SF6 - Team who finishes sixth (6) plays at home vs Team who finished seventh (7).
- 'B' Final for "Over 35s Division 1" will be in home venue of winner of SF3 on Wednesday 11th July.
- Winner of SF5 is the designated home team; game to be played at their venue; unless both parties agree to a different venue
Galway Over 35s Premier Division
6 Teams, 2-round league = 10 league games.
Galway Over 35s Division 1
9 teams, 1-round league = 8 league games
Last year (2017) we had 66 league fixtures between 12 teams run over 11 weeks followed by 6 Semi-Finals and 3 Finals.
Highlights of 2017 Final (West 0 - 2 Mervue) are at www.facebook.com/GalwayOver35s/videos/vb.853566924747922/1156443904460221
Yours in Sport,
Yours in Football,
Galway Over 35s Football
Results to Tommy Murphy 085-771 2344
Enquires to Ger Ryan 087-982 3033