O35 General Rules 2021
- Competition is run by the Galway FA
- Registration and Age
- Due to covid, No junior players can play in the "O35s 2021" - for the avoidance of doubt this must exclude any player who was registered on FAInet for any junior team in any division (Premier, Division 1/2/3/4, Reserve) for the 2020-2021 season.
- Players must be age 35 on the day of the match.
- Players must be approved to play O35s on FAInet at least 24 hours prior to the match.
- A player must not be banned from all football activities (i.e., a serious ban).
- All matches are mid-week, every week, normally Wednesdays.
- League games are set for Wednesday evenings 7pm KO but can be moved once game is played that week and both teams agree.
- Both teams come to an agreement for every group game, as long as they are played that week.
- If both teams don't agree a fixture; then it defaults back to Wednesday evening.
- Semi finals and finals dates will be set and cannot be moved.
- Appoint Referee
- It is up to the home team to appoint and pay referee a set fee of €50 for all league matches.
- The GFA will be appointing 3 officials for all semi finals and finals; split 50/50 between home&away clubs.
- Home team arranges time and day of match with away manager, and then appoints official referee from one of the official list only.
- Official Referee list
- Bryan Lynch
- Danny Corbett
- Mike Shaughnessy
- Niall Crosby
- Vincent Carew
- Jimmy Nolan
- Lukasz Szkwarek
- Tommy Murphy
- Tony Fahy
- Match Cards to be Completed by both teams and the referee.
- The home team to send result via the home club secretary on evening of fixture. This is using sportsmanager software
- Roll-on, roll-off, unlimited substitutions, 45 minutes a side.
- Players Conduct
- We remind all clubs that your player's behaviour must follow acceptable standards and both teams must follow all instructions and accept all decisions of the referee on the night of a game.
- As organisers of this competition, the GFA wish to assure you that any bad conduct will be treated as a serious matter requiring a proper disciplinary procedure, which may result in sanctions to the player and/or club involved.
- Red cards will have 1 match automatic ban.
- More serious bans for more serious bad conduct, which may also include points reduction for the team.
- "Sin Bin".
- 10 minutes.
- Team will be down by 1 player (substitute not allowed to replace the player that is in the bin; but can choose to put another player on after the 10 minutes is up)
- It is designed to allow a referee to get a player to leave the field having done something stupid; to cool down.
- The referee should always use the Yellow Card and Red Card as normal. Players should be sent off if there is any violent conduct and reported to me.
- All teams must comply with government and FAI guidelines on covid-19.
- Any team who does not supply a covid officer on the day will forfeit the match and must pay the referee fee.
Yours in Sport,
Enquiries to Ger Ryan 087 9823033
FAI Safer Return To Play Protocol
The FAI has issued a second edition of the Safer Return to Training Protocol that will apply to all clubs under its jurisdiction from June 29th.
- The COVID-19 Compliance Officer must keep a register of ALL Players, Match Officials, Coaches, Parents/Guardians, Volunteers and Administrators attending the match.
- Each club is responsible for providing its own COVID-19 Compliance Officer with a list of attendees for every game, home or away.
- This will include name and contact details.
- Referee must ensure the covid contact for each club is written into the match card, with name and contact number.
We will list some of the changes that are new:
- Showers cannot be used.
- Changing rooms can be used if 2 meters distance can be observed. We are not professionals, just travel in your gear, or change in your car....stay out of dressing rooms entirely.
- Bring your own labelled water. No sharing of water.
- No spitting allowed.